Newport Congregational Church is a place providing worship accessible to all, deepening our knowledge of the teachings of Jesus, and sharing Christian fellowship. We are a community of disciples, ever-growing, ever-learning, in God’s kingdom.
Statement of Faith : What we believe as a Church
- We believe that the Bible is God’s Word, it is accurate and authoritative, it is one of the ways he communicates with us and applicable to our everyday lives
- We believe in one eternal God who is the creator of all things. He exists as God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit. He is totally loving and completely holy.
- We believe that our sin separates each of us individually from God and His purpose for our lives, unless we turn to Him and ask for our Salvation.
- We believe that Jesus Christ as both God and man is the only One who can reconcile us to God. He lived a sinless and exemplary life, died on the cross in our place and rose again to prove His victory and empower us for life.
- We believe that the nature of humanity became corrupt due to what we see within the story of creation.
- God created people in His image for fellowship and to give Him the glory. The first human beings chose to rebel against God and go their own way. As a result, all have become separated from God, because of sin. The only remedy is for redemption through faith in Jesus Christ. We believe that in order to receive forgiveness and ‘new birth’ we must repent of our sins, believe in Jesus Christ and submit to His will with our lives.
- We believe that in order to live holy and fruitful lives that God intended for us, we should be baptised and be filled with the power of the Holy Spirit. This enables us to use His gifts in our life for Him
- We believe that God has individually equipped us so that we can successfully achieve His purpose for our lives which is to worship God, to fulfil our role in the church and to serve the community in which we live.
- We believe that God wants to heal and transform us so that we can live healthy and prosperous lives in order to help others more effectively.
- We believe that our eternal destination of either Heaven or hell is determined by our response to Jesus Christ and through His grace.
- We believe that Jesus Christ is coming back again as He promised.
- We believe each person should use the gifts they have been given.